Re: [Nmh-workers] possibly missing fix in RC2

From: Jeffrey C Honig
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] possibly missing fix in RC2
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:50:23 -0400

Glenn Burkhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> There are a half dozen or more calls to seq_save() in the code, so the value
> of 'mp->nummsg' needs to be correct in each of those functions as well.

Most of these calls just read messages, and they use np->nummsg to
determine if a folder is empty.

The one obvious place where it could also be wrong is in rcvstore, but
that calls folder_addmsg().  In inc.c there is some ``#if 0'' code to
call folder_addmsg() but the existing code is used instead.  I suspect
this is because of the requirement to generate a scan line.

The one place that I'm not sure about is in m_draft(), but I think this
is OK because it is not actually creating the message, just creating a
file name.

In summary I'd say we are OK for now.  Although it would be nice to
provide methods to manipulate the structure in hopes of avoiding
problems like this in the future.

Thanks.

Jeff

--