netsukuku-vala

Re: [Netsukuku-vala] Virtual networks: where we gonna test?

From: Ricardo Lanziano
Subject: Re: [Netsukuku-vala] Virtual networks: where we gonna test?
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:12:53 -0005

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Luca Dionisi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Ricardo Lanziano <address@hidden> wrote:
I managed to get vala-ntk working on a virtual network and now I had the chance to get a few wireless USB NICs.
Ricardo, what virtual network did you use? In the past I used netkit. It works good. I want to make some test with more flexible virtualization platforms, such as proxmox.

I used a barebones interface alias on loopback, 3 qemu archlinux
instances and that's it. I connected them using the vde interface
with the virtual switch and dhcpd disabled.

I never used netkit before.

I am trying to get a hold of my local wireless communities that
I happen to know to see if they lend me their gear for a day or
so, it should not be a big issue really, so we could draw a test
plan while I get in touch with the communities.

We could peer directly over the Internet but that would require
us to set up our private network, pretty much the same way
people of Agora Link or anonet are doing.

Let me know if this wireless test plan sounds good to you for
me to contact them.