Re: [Nel] Terrain/Landscape changing

From: Andi [ Debug ]
Subject: Re: [Nel] Terrain/Landscape changing
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:13:01 -0600

OK!

correct me if i am wrong and yes both messages where still vague

do you want to morph terrain gradually
do you want to swap in / swap out terrain blocks
do you want to do it seamlessly ( ie between frames asynchronously )

the answer to all the above is yes its a jsut a matter of HOW thats the problem

manipulating the vertice positions of a pre lighted / welded bezier patch may have some strang results
and care would have to be taken to prevent tearing

swapping a zone out and loading another in its place is simpler but less visually effective

prehaps a blending of both methods would yield the best results and efficiency but would
require some mean coding :)

hope this answers your question

Debug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Heikkila" <address@hidden>