RE: [Nel] libXML, the bane of my project...

From: Timothy H. Schilbach
Subject: RE: [Nel] libXML, the bane of my project...
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:24:35 -0500

Sure thing sir,

  I have attached the makefile and the configure file as well. This is for version 2.6.11 of libxml. I configured libxml with VC 7.1 nmake from the 'Visual Studio Command Prompt'.

  Since I have a trillion build errors with Nel (using the latest CVS) in vc 7.1, I deciderd to go the VC++ 6.0 route. I have configured and built almost every utility, Nel and Nels with no issues. Its juts the object viewer and snowballs2 projects that give me the same errors.

  In my searching about ftol2 if found this:

               http://q12.org/pipermail/ode/2004-January/010811.html

  It states that when VC++ 6.0 casts a float to a long that this causes the compiler to make a call to a hidden lobrary called _ftol2. Very interresting indeed.

-Timothy