RE: [Nel] fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

From: Timothy H. Schilbach
Subject: RE: [Nel] fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:35:19 -0500

I am getting the exact same error as well:

--------------------Configuration: misc - Win32
DebugFast--------------------
Compiling...
polygon.cpp
X:\Downloads\NEL\Source2\code\nel\src\misc\polygon.cpp(93) : fatal error
C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
  (compiler file 'E:\9044\vc98\p2\src\P2\main.c', line 181)
 Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
 Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
Error executing cl.exe.

nl3d_df.lib - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

  I am using VS 6.0 SP5 with Processor pack. I tried installing SP6 but that
disables the processor pack but fixed the internal compiler issues. There is
a caveat to that as you have to convert all INT64's back to 32 bit integers
as its not supported in SP6.

  I rolled back to SP5 (even installed it 4 times just to make sure) and I
get the above errors all over again. I have the correct pack and I have the
correct software installed.

  Any other suggestions for us whom are having this issue?

Timoth H. Schilbach
Alpha Omega Design Inc.
address@hidden
Visit our website at www.aodinc.com