[Nel] Collisions: sliding

From: Pascal LECLERC
Subject: [Nel] Collisions: sliding
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:21:15 -0000

Hi

I have two Move Primitives, one animated by an ai engine, one controlled by the
player. When I apply a slide reaction on both, the two cylinders go through
each other as if there was no collision. However, when I apply a reflexion
reaction with the default absorption on both, the colliding reaction occurs as
expected. The same way, the stop reaction works perfectly well. A reflexion
with any other absorption value than the default one gives the same result as
the slide reaction, or very close, so it doesn't work as expected and the
cylinders cross.
Another strange behavior: when my two cylinders have the slide reaction, and if
i try to collide into the other just walking on the ground, it goes through,
but if I try to collide when in the same time sliding on the ground collision
mesh, it works perfectly well, ie the two cylinders collide as expected...
Thank you for your help.