Re: [Nel] Shadows

From: lionel berenguier
Subject: Re: [Nel] Shadows
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:48:35 +0100

Today, Shadow casting is implemented only through use of skeleton. Shadow receiving is implemented only for Landscape. In other words only the landscape can receiving shadows.

Moreover, Skeleton casting is possible only with:
- not MRM sticked shapes (eg a sword sticked to a hand bone with USkeleton::stickObject() )
- MRM skins shapes THAT MUST BE PROCESSED before with the tool nel\tools\3d\build_shadow_skin

The enableCastShadowMap(true) has no effect on Light. All lights project shadows (yes, it could be a cool feature to disable some lights)

Once your skins are processed with the build_shadow_skin tool, the only thing you have to do at execute time is:

Skeleton->enableCastShadowMap(true);
Landscape->enableReceiveShadowMap(true);