Re: [Nel] What the...?! [update]

From: Nicolas Vizerie
Subject: Re: [Nel] What the...?! [update]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:00:19 +0000

It seems that the prb is with VC7 trying to compile templates before they are instanciated. In this case this is the _Alloc_traits class that tries to reference 'rebind' in the allocator. That field is never used however.. I guess that it's why it works under VC6. I commited a fix that disable the memory optimisation if VC7 is used. If you don't use FXs then it doesn't matter. Hope its works, because I don't have the possibility to check with VC7 there..
We'll change that when we'll move under VC7.

Nicolas

illuminatus wrote:

illuminatus wrote:

Nicolas Vizerie wrote:

Hi Illuminatus,

Which version of STLPort are you using ?
Here we use the 4.5.3 and it does compile fine with vc6. Didn't try with vc7, however...

Nicolas Vizerie
- NeL Team -

I'm using VC70, with STLport 4.6.1.

Until this morning, this combination of components/compiler/nel worked like a charm, but now i get said error.

Leaves me kinda in the rain now...

illu

Ok, i investigated a bit and found this out:

I had made my vc7 build before the ps allocator was added to the cvs, that means the allocator seems to be somewhat incompatible or whatever with vc7. (vc6 works here)

Unfortunately i dont have much experience with THAT sort of template code, so i guess i need some help here.

The error says that 'rebind' is not a member of CPSAllocator. In the allocator's header file theres a quite complex template definition for __stl_alloc_rebind, i wonder if the problem could be near this...