Re: [Nel] Execution errors

From: psycle
Subject: Re: [Nel] Execution errors
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:14:08 -0000

Stéphane CHAPLAIN wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem since I have Visual Studio 7.1 (2003).
Before, I used Visual Studio 6 and STLPort-4.5.-1020 and the application run
correctly
but, now with the use of VC7, the same configurations and the same
STLPort(recompiled with VC7), the application craches in a list (infinite loop)!
I get the same error with the LandscapeIGManager which infinite loops on Shapes

I try with newer STLPort versions but it's the same

for info, the apps are Naming, login and welcome services of nelns
and with VC6, files are about 8Mo, but only 1.3Mo with VC7 (mode debug, and
stl_debug for each)

Has anyone experienced these problems?
Thank you.

Stéphane.

Hi,
I wonder why a specific implementation of the stl is needed.
Does nel use some features of stl-port wich are not in the iso spec of the stl ?
maybe <hash_map>, <hash_set>, or <slist> ?
(which are not required by the c++ Standard)

--
johan

http://psycle.pastnotecut.org