Re: [Nel] STL-Port

From: Ben Woodhead
Subject: Re: [Nel] STL-Port
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:26:18 -0400

Hello,

The answer is of course Yes and No.. :) Don't you just love that.

You are correct, vc7.1 is pretty much compliant and doesn't suffer from any of the problems it did with 6 (and possible 7.0) but stl-port takes some additional setup code to use it. When I ported Nel to 7.0 I had trouble removing the stl-port dependancies. Since I had stlport on my computer I didn't bother removing it. :)

There is a macro to define if you are using .net. You are more then welcome to create a patch without stl-port but as far as I have heard noone has done this yet. I would but I had a physical drive failure the other day and all of my cds are on the other side of the country so I don't have .net or 2003.

Ben
address@hidden