RE: [Nel] Compiling NEL on VS 7.1

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: RE: [Nel] Compiling NEL on VS 7.1
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:36:02 +0100

Hello,

> MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
> symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup

With visual studio 6 and 7, You can have Windows project and "DOS"
project.

On the first case, the entry point is
int WINAPI WinMain (HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR
cmdline, int nCmdShow)

On the second case, the entry point is the C standard
int main(int argc, char **argv)

The error means that you created a Windows project but the code have a
main() entry point, so you have to create a dos project to link
correctly

Regards,

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a- C+++$UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o?
K- w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h-- r y?