nel-all
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [Nel] EZBoard


From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: RE: [Nel] EZBoard
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:30:23 +0100

Hi,
 
Discussion about mailing list vs. forum is quite common. Every mailing
list I know, this discussion happened and I think that it can become a
troll :)

I think that using a mailing list *and* a forum is quite redundant and
hard to follow. I prefer to keep the mailing list because it's easier to
follow problems and answer them quickly. We don't have enough time to
check a forum everyday.

And there's an archive access that contains all the mail sorted by
thread or date so it looks like a forum :)

I think that a good add-on should be an up-to-date FAQ based on mailing
list archive. If someone wants to do that, you are welcome, we'll add it
on the web site!

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o?
K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h-- r y?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: address@hidden [mailto:nel-all-
> address@hidden On Behalf Of shannon hall
> Sent: mardi 28 janvier 2003 17:34
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [Nel] EZBoard
> 
> http://www.ezboard.com/
> 
> No need to configure anything, free.  Any one of us
> can set this up.
> 
> 
> --- address@hidden wrote:
> > Send Nel mailing list submissions to
> >     address@hidden
> >
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web,
> > visit
> >     http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/nel-all
> > or, via email, send a message with subject or body
> > 'help' to
> >     address@hidden
> >
> > You can reach the person managing the list at
> >     address@hidden
> >
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it
> > is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of Nel digest..."
> > > Today's Topics:
> >
> >    1. RE: Newbie Questions (Jerry A. Shaw) (shannon
> > hall)
> >    2. Re: RE: Newbie Questions (Jerry A. Shaw) (Dim
> > Segebart)
> >    3. Snowballs and the new source code
> >        (=?iso-8859-1?q?Geraldine=20Deberdt?=)
> >
> 
> > ATTACHMENT part 3.1 message/rfc822
> > Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:09:52 -0800 (PST)
> > From: shannon hall <address@hidden>
> > To: address@hidden
> > Subject: [Nel] RE: Newbie Questions (Jerry A. Shaw)
> >
> > I wish we had a discussion forum on EZBoard that we
> > could use, so all this could be put in one place
> > that
> > is searchable, with stickies of pertanent
> > information.
> >
> >
> > --- address@hidden wrote:
> > > Send Nel mailing list submissions to
> > >   address@hidden
> > >
> > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide
> > Web,
> > > visit
> > >   http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/nel-all
> > > or, via email, send a message with subject or body
> > > 'help' to
> > >   address@hidden
> > >
> > > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > >   address@hidden
> > >
> > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it
> > > is more specific
> > > than "Re: Contents of Nel digest..."
> > > > Today's Topics:
> > >
> > >    1. RE: Newbie Questions (Jerry A. Shaw)
> > >
> >
> > > ATTACHMENT part 3.1 message/rfc822
> > > Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:38:43 -0800
> > > From: "Jerry A. Shaw" <address@hidden>
> > > To: <address@hidden>
> > > Subject: [Nel] RE: Newbie Questions
> > >
> > > Martin wrote:
> > >
> > > Jerry.
> > > Try our test server on external ip (should work
> > > fine), 194.198.106.59.
> > > Attached our test nel_launcher.cfg file (will find
> > > path in there).
> > >
> > > /martin
> > >
> > > Thanks again, everybody. The nel_launcher.cfg file
> > > martin gave helped
> > > (if I leave out the "3D" in each line). I now get
> > to
> > > the point where it
> > > allows me to select a shard, and attempts to start
> > > up the snowballs
> > > client. So it's getting closer.
> > > I really hate bugging everyone with this, but I am
> > > very interested in
> > > seeing what NeL can do. When the snowballs client
> > > starts up, it either
> > > does nothing (never appears at all) or it starts
> > to
> > > draw and then I
> > > receive an "abnormal program termination" error
> > > message.
> > > The difference is in what the base path (third
> > > param) is set to. If I
> > > leave it "", I get the abnormal... error. If I
> > > change it to "data\", the
> > > client doesn't seem to run at all.
> > >
> > > Thanks again for the help!
> > >
> > > - Jerry Shaw
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > Nel mailing list
> > > address@hidden
> > > http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/nel-all
> > >
> >
> >
> > __________________________________________________
> > Do you Yahoo!?
> > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up
> > now.
> > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
> >
> >
> >
> 
> > ATTACHMENT part 3.2 message/rfc822
> > Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:25:56 +0100
> > From: Dim Segebart <address@hidden>
> > To: "Developer's list for the NeL platform"
> > <address@hidden>
> > Subject: Re: [Nel] RE: Newbie Questions (Jerry A.
> > Shaw)
> >
> > I can install PhpBB phorum for free on 2 mbit
> > channel.
> > I just need the name for third level domain at
> > aihs.net
> > (my provider) May be www.nel.aihs.net or it'll
> > violate
> > some copylefts ?
> > Your suggestions are welcome.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Monday, January 27, 2003, 7:09:52 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > sh> I wish we had a discussion forum on EZBoard that
> > we
> > sh> could use, so all this could be put in one place
> > that
> > sh> is searchable, with stickies of pertanent
> > information.
> >
> >
> > sh> --- address@hidden wrote:
> > >> Send Nel mailing list submissions to
> > >>       address@hidden
> > >>
> > >> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide
> > Web,
> > >> visit
> > >>
> > http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/nel-all
> > >> or, via email, send a message with subject or
> > body
> > >> 'help' to
> > >>       address@hidden
> > >>
> > >> You can reach the person managing the list at
> > >>       address@hidden
> > >>
> > >> When replying, please edit your Subject line so
> > it
> > >> is more specific
> > >> than "Re: Contents of Nel digest..."
> > >> > Today's Topics:
> > >>
> > >>    1. RE: Newbie Questions (Jerry A. Shaw)
> > >>
> >
> > >> ATTACHMENT part 3.1 message/rfc822
> > >> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:38:43 -0800
> > >> From: "Jerry A. Shaw" <address@hidden>
> > >> To: <address@hidden>
> > >> Subject: [Nel] RE: Newbie Questions
> > >>
> > >> Martin wrote:
> > >>
> > >> Jerry.
> > >> Try our test server on external ip (should work
> > >> fine), 194.198.106.59.
> > >> Attached our test nel_launcher.cfg file (will
> > find
> > >> path in there).
> > >>
> > >> /martin
> > >>
> > >> Thanks again, everybody. The nel_launcher.cfg
> > file
> > >> martin gave helped
> > >> (if I leave out the "3D" in each line). I now get
> > to
> > >> the point where it
> > >> allows me to select a shard, and attempts to
> > start
> > >> up the snowballs
> > >> client. So it's getting closer.
> > >> I really hate bugging everyone with this, but I
> > am
> > >> very interested in
> > >> seeing what NeL can do. When the snowballs client
> > >> starts up, it either
> > >> does nothing (never appears at all) or it starts
> > to
> > >> draw and then I
> > >> receive an "abnormal program termination" error
> > >> message.
> > >> The difference is in what the base path (third
> > >> param) is set to. If I
> > >> leave it "", I get the abnormal... error. If I
> > >> change it to "data\", the
> > >> client doesn't seem to run at all.
> > >>
> > >> Thanks again for the help!
> > >>
> > >> - Jerry Shaw
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> > _______________________________________________
> > >> Nel mailing list
> > >> address@hidden
> > >> http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/nel-all
> > >>
> >
> >
> > sh>
> > __________________________________________________
> > sh> Do you Yahoo!?
> > sh> Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up
> > now.
> > sh> http://mailplus.yahoo.com
> >
> >
> > sh> _______________________________________________
> > sh> Nel mailing list
> > sh> address@hidden
> > sh> http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/nel-all
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Dim Segebart
> > mailto:address@hidden
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> 
> > ATTACHMENT part 3.3 message/rfc822
> > Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:23:54 +0100 (CET)
> > From: Geraldine Deberdt <address@hidden>
> > To: address@hidden
> > Subject: [Nel] Snowballs and the new source code
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I retrieved the last source code but it doesn't
> > seems to work with
> > Snowballs :
> >
> > "NEL\INCLUDE\nel/3d/u_text_context.h(207) : error
> > C2061: syntax error :
> > identifier 'CRGBA'
> >
> > snowballs\client\src\landscape.cpp(133) : error
> > C2660: 'loadBankFiles' :
> > function does not take 2 parameters
> >
> > NEL\INCLUDE\nel/3d/u_text_context.h(207) : error
> > C2061: syntax error :
> > identifier 'CRGBA'
> > "
> >
> > Is there a solution??
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> ___________________________________________________________
> > Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et
> > en fran├žais !
> > Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
> >
> >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > Nel mailing list
> > address@hidden
> > http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/nel-all
> >
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
> http://mailplus.yahoo.com
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Nel mailing list
> address@hidden
> http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/nel-all






reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]