[Nel] RE: Newbie Questions

From: Jerry A. Shaw
Subject: [Nel] RE: Newbie Questions
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:38:43 -0800

Martin wrote:

Jerry.
Try our test server on external ip (should work fine), 194.198.106.59.
Attached our test nel_launcher.cfg file (will find path in there).

/martin

Thanks again, everybody. The nel_launcher.cfg file martin gave helped
(if I leave out the "3D" in each line). I now get to the point where it
allows me to select a shard, and attempts to start up the snowballs
client. So it's getting closer.
I really hate bugging everyone with this, but I am very interested in
seeing what NeL can do. When the snowballs client starts up, it either
does nothing (never appears at all) or it starts to draw and then I
receive an "abnormal program termination" error message.
The difference is in what the base path (third param) is set to. If I
leave it "", I get the abnormal... error. If I change it to "data\", the
client doesn't seem to run at all.

Thanks again for the help!

- Jerry Shaw