[Nel] Complete newbie is asking for help ...

From: George Kafka
Subject: [Nel] Complete newbie is asking for help ...
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:31:45 +0100

Hello to you all!

Let´s start from beginning. I have the dream about MMORPG game located in a post-apocalyptic world. I know it is hard, I know it is time-consuming - still I want to accomplish that. For some time I was looking for suitable engine for such a project. I was almost ready to buy TORQUE when I found NEVRAX. I though that it will put the end to my searching.

Minutes later after decompressing of archive (nel.zip - 8.3MB) I discovered that it would be quite immpossible to master this engine for me. I have some experience with C/C++ programming but it seems it´s not enough. To be honest I was expecting something more like Torque engine (www.garagegames.com) - user friendly, still open enough to program exactly what you need.

I can handle designing/modeling/texturing stuff all by myself (although I am constantly looking for other modelers, artist etc.) - but I definitely can´t handle compiling/programming part without appropriate help.

Does anybody have enough time or mood to help me out?
Either by posting "how-to"s or by directing me to the proper tutorials or maybe by joining my team :).

Thanks for your replies,

George Kafka
Czech Republic