Re: [Nel] VC6 Build Error C1001

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Nel] VC6 Build Error C1001
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:59:43 +0100

Michael Arcadia wrote:
Hi, please forgive my interuption, but did you ever figure the below out? i'm having the same exact problem after "upgrading" to microsoft's sp5 with most of my projects.

Since many people reported the bug and Microsoft was not able to fix it (check Google) or at least acknowledge it (check MSDN), ask MS to send you the msc1.cpp file in order you fix their stupid bug located at line 1794. OK, that was the usual rant against crappy support of crappy proprietary software :).

See http://www.medini.org/software/msviscxx/msviscxx.html#fenum

The more constructive approach would be to know why other people with VC6+SP5 manage to compile NeL. Michael and a happy VC6 user should report the following (for comparison) :

- OS version
- compiler version (run 'cl.exe' from the shell)
- anything else ?