Re: [Nel] Nel & GPL Licensing Question

From: Mike Stoddart
Subject: Re: [Nel] Nel & GPL Licensing Question
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:37:51 -0700

I'm surprised at this. This means that the source for Ryzom will have to be released. I'm even more surprised at this!

Thanks
Mike

From: "Mike Stoddart" <address@hidden>
> If I develop a game using Nel, and I wish to distribute it, do I have to
> release the source to my game? Is that how the GPL license works?

Yes. If you distribute your game, then you have to release the source code
upon request, too.
This also means that if you're not distributing the server to end users you
can keep the source code of your game server for yourself.

--
c'ya!

Valerio Santinelli
address@hidden