Re: [Nel] 3DS MAX question

From: Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Subject: Re: [Nel] 3DS MAX question
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:36:15 +0200

Hi,

> Once you have made your quad , edit , paint  you save it. After you  export
> and build it .
> But how do you do if want to modify geometry landscape ? Once you convert
> patch are you able to modify it again ? it seems not ? i m wrong ?

Yes, as i have written before, we have a modified editpatch version to work
with NeLPatch.
But for licences reasons, we can't distribute its source code.

For the moment, each time you modify the geometry, you have to use a Patch
object then
convert it in NelPatch and repaint it.

If you collapse your zone NeLPatch, you can use script commands to modify it.
This script extensions for NeLPatch is defined in the converter plugin
(Check nel_patch_converter/script.cpp). You can easily add the missing
functions if you need it.
Perhaps it can be the start of a free wysiwyg NelPatch editor for max..

Cyril Corvazier