Re: [Nel] landscapes, geometry and characters...

From: Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Subject: Re: [Nel] landscapes, geometry and characters...
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:17:09 +0200

So, an overview of the gamedata directory and how the main workflow goed would be great to get us going.
Ok. I will try to post a little help.
Oh, and i have another quick question, our game really would need dynamic landscapes. we've thought on various techniques, one more exotic then the other, but we might look into creating a springbased system now...would it be possible to get to the patchcontrol points ingame? or are the zone patches 'compiled' into meshdata ? And I don't see if it would be possible to get landscapes moving as a whole, since zones have welldefined coordinates. Any help / thoughts ?
We are not using dynamic landscape. Our code is not adapted to do it efficiently. But you should be able to make some fixes to do it if
the words ROAM, tesselation and vertex programs means something exciting to you! :-)

See my previous post about that.

Cyril Corvazier