Re: [Nel] Compiling the UDP benchmark on a Debian GNU/Linux box with Loi

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nel] Compiling the UDP benchmark on a Debian GNU/Linux box with Loic's packages installed
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:08:10 +0200

Lars Weber writes:

 >   1. Install the `libstlport4.5' package available in Debian (unstable at
 >      least) and also the `libnel0' and `libnel0-dev' packages from

        You mean that you had to install stlport by hand, running
apt-get install libstlport4.5 ? If so that means something is wrong
in the dependencies of libnel0: it should get it automatically when
you apt-get install libnel0.

 >        InfoLog->displayRawNL ("%s", line.c_str());
 >
 >      now becomes:
 >
 >        printf ("%s\n", line.c_str());
 >
 >      (Strictly speaking this whole step is optional.  If you don't care
 >      whether you get any output, you can safely skip it.)

        I'm guilty here. By default, the libraries shipped with the
debian packages do not log anything (--without-logging). I resorted to
this in order to avoid disk filling messages from the snowballs
services. That's a rather violent solution and has lots of
drawbacks. I should rather fix the services so that they spit a
reasonable amount of information.

 >   7. Hit <Enter> and enjoy! :)

        Thanks many times for this precise explanation. Should be included
in the sources themselves I guess :-)

        Cheers,