Re: [Nel] mesh_mrm_skin.cpp and assembly language

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] mesh_mrm_skin.cpp and assembly language
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:27:00 +0200

Hi,

> Is it worth trying to write assembly code for other platforms
> in this file ? I could try but I have no idea what's the benefit compared
> to a fully optimized version. Twice as fast ? ten times faster ?

We optimize this code for SSE processor and the benefit is not very
impressive, we did it only to see what we can win. I don't think that It's
very important to do asm optimisation for other platform for now.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?