Re: [Nel] Newbie help

From: .
Subject: Re: [Nel] Newbie help
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 19:52:48 +0200

Matt Hilleman wrote:

I am trying to compile NEL on linux and I am having a problem with configure
and stlport 4.5.  I downloaded stlport and compiled it successfully
according to their instructions in a directory called
/home/user/STLport-4.5.3   When I run the configure with the following line
./configure --with-stlport=/home/user/STLport-4.5.3 it finds the includes, but can not find the libraries. it says
        checking for main in -lstrport_gcc... no
        checking for STLPort library... no
        configure: error: STLPort must be installed

I have even tried using the --with-stlport-lib=/home/user/STLport-4.5.3/lib
without success.

Could someone lend a hand.

Thanks

Matt

I had the same kind of problem on Linux :
at the end of the config.log I saw
some linking error with functions beginning by pthread_
so I added some
LIBS="-lpthread $LIBS"
before each error described in config.log
then it was working ...

--
.