Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux patches

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux patches
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:01:25 +0100

> - FREETYPE_CFLAGS first so that freetype1 and freetype2 installed
>   are not confused with each other
> - AM_PATH_OPENAL last otherwise it may fail to be detected
>   (complex case involving sdl + xf86vidmode)

Ok for this.

> - spurious inlines (again ;-) in driver_opengl_material.cpp and
>   driver_opengl_texture.cpp that triggers problems when compiling
>   in debug mode

Please, we don't want to apply the inline stuffs in your way because we
*need* these inline because the function are called often. As we don't have
gcc3.0 and that it compiles on 2.95.2, we can't do test, but try to add
inline also in the .h instead of removing the inline keyword because we need
these functions to be inline. Anyway, we have to find another way to fix
this problem and keep inlining these functions

> - additional client.cfg.in so that GNU/Linux installations know
>   where to fetch the data

hum. I don't see stuffs like these in the patch.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?