[Nel] STLPort update

From: Paul Siegel
Subject: [Nel] STLPort update
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:59:50 -0500

It's been a while since I've played with NeL, and since I recently got a new
computer, I redownloaded all the dependencies and built NeL and Snowballs
from scratch.  Everything built fine, but when I tried to launch the app it
crashed.  I found this in my log:

02/03/06 11:21:21 WRN  756 common.cpp 401 : Exception will be launched: In
Stream: data/shapes/snow.ps: The version in stream is newer than the class

I tried scouring the mailing list archive, but found nothing on the problem.
I next downloaded the distributed binaries on Nevrax.org's download page,
and noticed that one of the files in the archive was stlport_vc6.4.5.dll.
Well, I made an educated guess that NeL has moved from STLPort 4.0 to 4.5.
I downloaded the more recent version of the library, rebuilt, and everything
worked fine.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this in case anyone else came across such a
problem.  Ultimately, it would be nice if somewhere it was documented that
NeL now requires STLPort 4.5.  I'm thinking code/nel/INSTALL.

Paul