[Nel] Re: Compilation problems

From: Dennis McGregor
Subject: [Nel] Re: Compilation problems
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:47:03 -0500

I apologise if this message comes through twice.

>>There aren't any old libxml files hanging around, ldconfig doesn't
>> complain about the libs that are there, and running xml2-config
outputs
>> the information correctly (though, perhaps I should mention that I
>> erased the -lz flag from `xml2-config --libs` because ld complained
>> about it during the make process (bad?)).
[...]
> >mutex.cpp:246: `PTHREAD_MUTEX_ADAPTIVE_NP' undeclared (first use this
     function)

>   PTHREAD_MUTEX_ADAPTIVE_NP should be in pthread.h that is located in
the
>   standard include directory (/usr/include on my system).

/usr/include/pthread.h exists. ( too old? What would I check to answer
that question? )

However, perhaps this is irrelevant, but checking the config.log after I
run
configure without the --disable-xmltest flag - it seems that configure
trips up as it tries to include xmlversion.h, which _is_ being pointed
correctly by xml2-config. I don't know if the 2 problems with headers
are related or not.

Dennis.

ps: please let me know if there is a more appropriate forum for bugging
people with
such luser evel q's.