Re: [Nel] Free Software drivers & fps

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nel] Free Software drivers & fps
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:18:45 +0100

Robert J. Macomber writes:
 > Straight out of CVS (i.e., 800x600 windowed, no fog, etc.), though I
 > did do a "/tilenear 0.1" in-game.

        I'll have to try that. I changed the value in client.cfg but did
not try to do it in game.

 > No, I commented it out of the client.

        I'll have to see how many fps that wins.

 > I didn't see any snow.  Well, I did, but not the falling sort.

        Anyway it does not seem to make a big difference.

 > --begin glxinfo output--

        I guess that AGP 1x (that's me) against AGP 4x (that's you) +
a CPU that is twice as fast as mine counts for something.

        Thanks for all these informations, it's good to see other
people strugling with fps with Free Software ;-)

        Cheers,