[Nel] Free Software drivers & fps

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Nel] Free Software drivers & fps
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:44:43 +0100

        Hi,

        Yesterday night the player "Thas" was on
itsalive.nevrax.org. He (or she ?-) said to run snowballs on GNU/Linux
with landscape at 12fps on a G400 / PIII733, using the Free Software
drivers provided with XFree-4.2 (not the binary proprietary drivers
you can get gratis on the matrox site).

        I did not have a chance to ask what client.cfg he is using,
the output of glxinfo, if he was displaying the Nel logo or not and I
can't remember if he had snow (although that does not seem to impact
performances). Given that I only have 8fps on a Radeon 7500 / PIII450,
I guess his experience could help me improve the fps on my side.

        Cheers,