Re: Re[4]: [Nel] How to use CollisionMeshBuild (.cmb)

From: Benjamin Legros
Subject: Re: Re[4]: [Nel] How to use CollisionMeshBuild (.cmb)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:33:57 +0100

From: "Robert Bjarnason" <address@hidden>

> Is it maybe too steep or does the
> exterior mesh collision not work for walking on top
> of buildings?

The interior collision builder doesn't take slope into
account, nor mesh geometry (as it only uses collision mesh
which is something like a curved plane), so it shouldn't
be an issue here. We, at Nevrax, also use stairs, ramps
and so on. The only issue I can see here is a vertex
misalignement between the interior mesh and the exterior
mesh, or the common edges wouldn't be invisible both.
Also check that the beginning of the stairs are not crossing
a landscape surface border (that is the 'door' to the stairs
is located inside a surface)

Last thing of all, a PACS surface must not cover itself,
for instance a spiral staircase must be divided in multiple
pieces so that for a couple of (x,y) coordinates, there is
at maximum 1 point on the surface (so a unique z).
Typically, a house that has multiple floors will be divided
by floor.

I hope this will solve your problem !

Benjamin Legros
Nevrax France