Re: [Nel] Snowballs Segfaults

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Nel] Snowballs Segfaults
Date: 30 Nov 2001 01:32:00 +0100

On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 21:34, Heath Johns wrote:
> I don't know if you are still having this problem, but it is the same one
> that I've been trying to get around just now (I'm using the latest source
> from cvs).
>
> My workaround:  comment out lines 423-445 in nel/src/3d/scene.cpp

Yup, no segfault, the bug is around there. I couldn't check this up
since I don't have 3GB and 2 CPU hours to compile the debug version of
the libs... Thanks for the tip !

> So it runs now.  There was a huge NeL logo obscuring everything, but I
> commented out line 369 of snowballs2/client/src/client.cpp and that took care
> of it.

True, I'm actually worried this bug only shows in Linux,
drawing/rendering should be perfectly portable...

> So now I've got the gnu, and I can move around etc. and the trees show up,
> but there is no landscape.  Also, it times out if you try to contact
> itsalive.nevrex.org.

Reproductible :)

> If anyone knows anything about getting the landscape to show up, please let
> me know, it's the big reason why I'm interested in NeL :)

Idem. I unzipped the data pack in data/ and everything quoted in
client.cfg is there (banks, fonts and so on).