Re: [Nel] SnowBalls 2 Server?

From: Cedric Valignat
Subject: Re: [Nel] SnowBalls 2 Server?
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:58:58 +0100

Hello Tony,

Tony Hoyt wrote:

>   If and when I build all the Server code, how am I to run a shard
> exactly?  I didn't see a server.exe.  As a matter of fact I saw a
> 'client' section in the server Workspace but no 'Server'.  I may just
> fiddle around then this week and see what bugs I can dig up and report.
> If you would find that usefull at all that is.

The shard is made to run over several servers, so we didn't write any
script/program to run everything at once on one server.

There is a description about launching the shard service in the HOWTO
file place in the NeLNS source directory, That's might help you :-)

After the NelNS is launch, you can start the snowballs services
(chat, position, and frontend services).

Cedric.