[Nel] Linux: pb with ./configure and libxml2

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: [Nel] Linux: pb with ./configure and libxml2
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:06:00 +0200

Hello,

I'm running a Debian and have libxml2 properly installed. However the
configure script fails :

checking for xml2-config... /usr/bin/xml2-config
checking for libxml - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run libxml test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means LIBXML was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved LIBXML since it was installed. In the latter case,
you
*** may want to edit the xml2-config script: /usr/bin/xml2-config
configure: error: libxml2 must be installed.

$ xml2-config  --version
2.4.6

It seems the test macro doesn't use  `xml2-config --cflags` : on Debian it is
`/usr/include/libxml2` (the reason being libxml1 is in the default /usr/include
for
Gnome 1.4's sake). I'm not an autoconf guru, so... :)