Re: [Nel] Landscape generation pipeline

From: EagleEye
Subject: Re: [Nel] Landscape generation pipeline
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:07:18 -0500

> The zone name is like: 3_aa.zone
> The name is composed of a numeric coordiante (NUM = 3) and a alpha one
> (ALPHA = aa = 0)
> The upper left corner of the zone coordinate is :
> X = 160 * ALPHA
> Y = 160 * - NUM
>
> For examples, a snowball zone is called 4_ac.zone, it means its upper left
> coordinates are ( 320, -480 )

By your example, aa = 0, so ab = 1?  ac = 2 then... so that makes sense...
but where does it end?  az?  Or is it more like hex, where it goes to af? :)
Does the progression go like:

aa = 0 to az = 25,
ba = 26... bz = 51,
ca... etc

all the way to zz, which would be a total possible number of combinations of
26^2?

The math is wrong on the example too... 160 * -4 = -640, not -480... or am I
missing something there?