Re: [Nel] STLPort, again. :)

From: Zane
Subject: Re: [Nel] STLPort, again. :)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:15:25 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zane" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 11:05 AM

> It's been a while since I last compiled NeL but I'm now trying to compile
> the latest CVS version of NeL and configure is saying STLPort isn't found.
> STLPort 4.0 is installed and the old configure was able to find it using
the
> same options (I am doing --with-stlport=/usr/include/stlport) but the new
> configure is saying it's not installed (I'm the same shell script with the
> configure options for both, so there are no typos or missing options, both
> configures were ran the exact same way on the same system today).  Is the
> latest CVS version relying on a newer version of STLPort or is there a bug
> with the latest configure script?

It seems that either the --with-stlport-include is a new configure option or
recently the configure script has been changed to append /include to
your --with-stlport path if you don't specify --with-stlport-include.
 If --with-stlport-include is a new option then it should be using
the --with-stlport path without modification unless it's explicitly
specified.  The default distribution of STLport doesn't even have/create an
include directory for the header files, it's STLport-4.0/stlport.  Also,
this change isn't documented in the INSTALL file (still says you just
need --with-stlport).

>From the INSTALL document:

      The "configure" script must be call with the "--with-stlport" and
      "--with-python" options.
      The option "--with-stlport" allow to override the default STL headers
      and the option "--with-python" tell to the configuration script, where
      to find the Python headers files.

It specifically states that the --with-stlport option points to the STL
header files so --with-stlport-include seems redundant.
 Either --with-stlport should be removed (so we're left
with --with-stlport-include and --with-stlport-lib)
or --with-stlport-include should be removed or at the very least /include
should not be appended to the --with-stlport option.

Thanks,
E.J. Wilburn