[Nel] Login System Game

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: [Nel] Login System Game
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:18:55 +0200

Hi everybody!

We just launch our new game! no, no, please, keep cool, it's not THE game,
but a little game for geeks/nerds/hackers :-)

On the server named itsalive.nevrax.org, we have launch a shard with:
login_service, naming_service, admin_executor_service, admin_service,
time_service, welcome_service and a frontend_service.

The goal of the game is: to crash/hack everything on this server (and only
this one please ;-)

We put the real login system to connect to the front end, so one goal is to
successfully connect to the front end *without* login/password
or to find a failure in the login procedure.

You can find the documentation about how the login system works here:
http://www.nevrax.org/docs/doxygen/nel/login_system.html

In the CVS directory "nel/samples/login_sytem/"
(http://www.nevrax.org/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/code/nel/samples/login_system/),
you'll find the client source that is used to connect to the shard and
also the frontend service code (that does nothing) that is running on
itsalive.
The client uses a configuration file (client.cfg) that contains the ip
address of the login service
and the login and password you want to provide. If the login doesn't exist,
it will be added to the
database with the password associate to it and the next time, you'll need to
provide the good password
to validate the login.

All others services sources running on itsalive are located here:
http://www.nevrax.org/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/code/nelns/

Our goal is know if our login system is robust or not.

You can do everything you want to crash a service, all services or the
computer but, please,
explain us what you did to enable us to fix the problem!

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?