Re: [Nel] Error in the client: Read error in file 'data/' (End of file??

From: Leighton Haynes
Subject: Re: [Nel] Error in the client: Read error in file 'data/' (End of file??)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:39:53 +0800

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 02:28:15PM -0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I too am hoping to get snowballs running on a Debian/GNU Linux
> machine.  I too have run into the error message mentioned in the
> title.  I'd love to see a patch for it.  So far I've traced it down to
> a call to setupTexture which is exiting the program.  My C++ skills
> are not strong enough to hunt this down any further.
cut'n'paste from one of my previous emails :) :
        the client was exiting with a message in the logfile about
          being unable to load file "data/". Managed to eventually track
          it down to some of the texture loading code in
          code/nel/src/3d/landscape.cpp. The loading of the diffuse
          texturemap doesn't do a check for textName == "" though
          the loading of the alpha texture map does. Haven't worked
          out yet why it's decided that the textName is "" (it's too
          late ;)). I modified the code to do a test for textName == ""
          and made it default to loading the CTextureCross texture.
If you still can't get it to work, give me an email and I can probably
send you a patch. (This code itself looks like it's correct behaviour,
the problem is with whatever's feeding this with files to load. My 'fix'
is a workaround until i get the time to trace where it's getting fed
from. )

Leighton...

--

Part-time student. Full-time Programmer.
Seeking the 36 hour day and the 10 hour working week.