nano-devel

Re: Global tabgives and spacestotab config option

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: Global tabgives and spacestotab config option
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 11:56:25 +0200

Op 18-06-2021 om 18:43 schreef Peter Magnusson:
> Refering to something that Benno wrote I was hoping that it would start
> nano and after save it would convert spaces 2 tab

Attached is a script that does just that.

It uses a fixed tabsize of 8, because reading it from the .nanorc file
is not really correct: it would use the tabsize of the remote machine,
which might be different from the tabsize on the local machine where
you are pasting from.  Adjust the script (on the remote machine) when
on your local machine you use a tabsize other than 8.

Benno