nano-devel

Re: having a scroll bar also in softwrap mode

From: Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita
Subject: Re: having a scroll bar also in softwrap mode
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 16:32:54 -0300

On 5/6/20, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Then run 'src/nano --soft +1 thefile'.  Then press ^V a few times.
> See that the scroll thing slows down when you reach the bees.

Actually I couldn't observe the slowdown. Don't know if it is a
subjective thing, system/terminal dependent or anything else.

> Press ^Y to go back to the top of the buffer.  Now toggle M-S.
> See that the scroll thing does not change in size, even though the
> 800 chunks have decreased to 200 lines (on an 80-column terminal)
> -- the scroll thing should have become roughly 4 times bigger.

This probably happens because chunk_nr is not renumbered when softwrap
is toggled. My solution is to renumber all buffers from the top
whenever the screen is resized or when softwrap is toggled.

Attached patch implements the fix. Please review it.