nano-devel

Re: a scroll bar on the right that shows position and portion

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: a scroll bar on the right that shows position and portion
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 12:29:34 +0200

Op 26-04-2020 om 06:39 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
>   3 - Modify filestruct to store "logical" linenumbers too:
>     This is a bit more intrusive: will need to conditionally renumber
> logical linenumbers every time a softwraped line is edited.

It's not nice to suppress the scroll bar when softwrap is switched on
(like my version of the patch does).  So, if we want to have a scroll
bar also in softwrap mode, then this is the only option.  Whether the
"logical line number", or the number of chunks, or still something
else should be stored in the linestruct, I don't know -- that is for
you to figure out: what is the best, most efficient, most convenient.

Of course, it should be a separate patch, to be applied after mine.

Benno