nano-devel

[RFC] Should `afterends` affect word cutting?

From: Liu Hao
Subject: [RFC] Should `afterends` affect word cutting?
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 10:43:16 +0800

Hello,

At the moment, the `afterends` option in .nanorc doesn't affect cutting,
which could be a bit inconvenient when editing source code.

For example, I have this line of C++ code:

```
  return this->something();
```

When the cursor is between `->` and `something` (I use a vertical thin
line cursor; it is beneath the `s` in `something` if you use an
underline cursor), I may decide that I want to invoke a different
function, so I press ^Delete. However, not only does this delete
`something`, the `();` part is also deleted as no character in it forms
a word.

What do you think about it?

--
Best regards,