nano-devel

Re: [wish] copy-pasting indented code when auto-indent is on

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [wish] copy-pasting indented code when auto-indent is on
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 15:29:58 +0100

Op 02-01-2020 om 12:30 schreef Brand Huntsman:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40060 contains a patch to detect pasting.

Nice.

Inspecting the patch, I don't see why you need the do_nothing() function
and the BRACKETED_PASTE_MARKER symbol.  The escape-sequence parsing does
not need to return any value -- by default it returns ERR, which means
that the sequence gets ignored, which is what we want in this case (at
least, for the basic feature of toggling the 'bracketed_paste' boolean
on and off).

Also, bracketed-paste mode needs to be disabled in so many places that it
deserves a separate small function, disable_bracketed_paste(), which then
doesn't need any comment when it's called.

Do you wish to submit a streamlined patch?  Or shall I do the trimming?

Benno