nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] dropping an anchor at a place where wants to return

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] dropping an anchor at a place where wants to return
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 14:06:24 +0100

Op 08-11-18 om 23:50 schreef David Ramsey:
> I'd have more time to code features like this [...]
> if I didn't have to deal with a bunch of
> coding nits caused by new code or newly rewritten code, some of which
> are admittedly mine, but many of which lately are your doing.

You're complaining about the quality of the changes I make?
You want to take over?  You want to be maintainer of nano?
Please, go ahead.

>  All these
> things like rearranging shortcuts for cosmetic purposes, which breaks
> key interpretation in the help viewer and/or file browser;

Very minor breakage: the <Bsp> key not scrolling backward any more,
something probably no one uses.  I added it a while ago just for
some "compatibility" with the 'info' reader.

> adding
> support for keycodes without necessarily adding support for their escape
> sequences as well, which breaks modified key support

It breaks nothing; it just fails to add support for them.  Oversights.
Those escape sequences are not on my radar.

> you haven't done a lot of the more complex
> ones in the past few years

I haven't done any of the complex stuff ever.  I don't have the stamina
for that.

> Am I to assume that you don't really need
> any of those features added, or those bugs fixed, because you haven't
> gotten to them yet?

Yes, I don't absolutely need those things added or fixed, because
I have learned to work around them.  But I haven't gotten to them,
because they demand a too large investment of time and focus.

Benno