nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] alternative anchoring: allowing to set multiple "bookma

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] alternative anchoring: allowing to set multiple "bookmarks"
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 20:23:50 -0500

Since this expands on what I pointed out earlier with regard to multiple
bookmarks...

Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
> When editing code where multiple interdependent functions are defined
> in many different places on the same file,

> When investigating all the calls of a function or all the points where
> a variable is assigned.

> When information relevant to a part of a file is available in multiple
> other parts of the same file like big rc files or Makefiles.

> When splitting a function and the split part will be far from where it
> was...

For the record, these four things I've done fairly often when editing
nano myself.  In order to keep some parts of the code visible when it
applies to multiple other parts of the code, I currently have to either
search over and over (or use "Go To Line Number") for the same things,
or open the same file multiple times (sometimes in different buffers in
the same terminal window, sometimes in different terminal windows),
which can get rather confusing.