nano-devel

[Nano-devel] dropping an anchor at a place where wants to return

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] dropping an anchor at a place where wants to return
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 17:41:01 +0100

Hi all,

Something that I regularly do is: I want to look somewhere else in
the file but want to return to the place where I currently am.  So,
first I type: xxx.  Then I go look elsewhere in the file, often with
a ^W.  And when I'm done looking, I type: ^W xxx <Enter> and delete
the three exes.

I do this often enough that today I made a function that makes the
antics easier.  Patch is coming up.  Anyone who would like to see
this included?

Benno