nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] marking the entire buffer?

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] marking the entire buffer?
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 10:40:33 -0500

Benno Schulenberg:
> This seldom happens to me: as long as I haven't decided what to do
> with the marked region, I keep one finger firmly on the Shift key, and
> my other fingers are not anywhere near a character key, they are on
> the cursor keys.

It doesn't happen to me often, either, but it's annoying enough when it
does that I try and avoid the situation.  Holding down keys for too long
is one thing that can cause it on my end.  Alternatively, my finger gets
tired and I have to let go.  For similar reasons, I'm not a fan of
tablet interfaces that require precise, extended finger-dragging to get
certain things done.