nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] improved word bounds

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] improved word bounds
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 20:14:42 +0200

Op 17-08-18 om 12:32 schreef Brand Huntsman:
> Attached patch uses Mark Weston's suggestion to change behavior when moving or
> cutting. Word movement should be unchanged and cutting stops at start or end
> of line.

I have tested your patch like this:

  src/nano +6,57 NEWS

The first Ctrl+Del deletes just the space before "gives", as nano does
now too.  The second Ctrl+Del deletes "gives ".  Correct.   The third
Ctrl+Del deletes "feedback" without pulling in the next line.  Nice.

But the fourth Ctrl+Del just joins the next line to this one.  The
fifth Ctrl+Del just deletes the whitespace.  And its only the sixth
Ctrl+Del that deletes "about ".  That's not good.  If I wanted to
just join the lines, I would press <Del> instead of <Ctrl+Del>.
When I press <Ctrl+Del>, I want to delete a word.  So it is the
fourth Ctrl+Del that should delete the newline, the whitespace,
and the word "about ".

Benno