nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Linting

From: markweston
Subject: [Nano-devel] Linting
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 04:26:38 +0300

When I check a file with linter, and nano finds and error/warning,
nano "freezes up" and doesn't let me fix it until I press ^C.
Is this the intended behavior? Or maybe I'm using incorrect linter command?
I tried:
1) "pyflakes-3" for Python 3.
2) "luacheck --no-color" for Lua 5.3.
3) "gcc -fsyntax-only" for C.
I would prefer if the linter didn't freeze up nano after it finds and error.

Regarding default linters:
Could we add a linter "gcc -fsyntax-only" to c.nanorc?
Also, could we add linter "luacheck --no-color" to lua.nanorc?