nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] posix_spawn()

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] posix_spawn()
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 17:54:33 +0200

Hello Aron,

(Sorry for the late reply.  I was on vacation.)

Op 06-06-18 om 13:53 schreef Barath Aron:
> For now, my request is to integrate something into configure to detect whether
> fork is available or an explicit switch, for instance --with-posix_spawn. The
> OS
> that I use lacks fork, so posix_spawn (and the pthread stuff) is the only
> option.
> More info: https://threos.io

Judging from the forums, this seems to be an operating system with
just one active user.  :)  You will understand that we can't adapt
nano for every little niche system that comes along.  When you have
around a thousand lively users, of which at least a hundred use nano,
you can make your request again, with some hope on success.

Benno