nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Lnaguage-specific bindings

From: Eitan Adler
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Lnaguage-specific bindings
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 19:42:12 -0700

On 23 May 2018 at 03:47, Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Patch updated. Brand, can you confirm the problem you described is fixed?
>
> Also, wrt to the menu problems, I think I have a solution: just do not
> allow a binding to be syntax specific if it is already defined for the
> default syntax. Since default syntax bindings have precedence over
> syntax-specific bindings, we should not care about bindings that are
> defined for the default syntax after they are defined syntax-specific.
>
> Devs, what do you think?

I'm not sure I like per-syntax bindings in the first place. It leads
to more complexity for limited gain. I do like how we did "run an
external command" bindings. These are generic, and can be made
specific if you use a wrapper script. This lets you do something like
spell-checker, linter, etc, all with a few bindings.

--
Eitan Adler