nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [BUG] "mistakes" in wrong rc file

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [BUG] "mistakes" in wrong rc file
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:57:09 +0100

Op 12-01-18 om 09:07 schreef Brand Huntsman:
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 15:47:56 -0700 Brand Huntsman <address@hidden> wrote:
I only use /etc/nanorc and nano reports [ Mistakes in '$HOME/.local/share/nano/' ] when /etc/nanorc contains errors. It does report the correct file when a syntax file has errors.

Add "set titlecolor -" to /etc/nanorc to get the error. I'm not sure why the nanorc variable is set to that when set_colorpairs() is run but moving the call up a few lines before window_init() fixes the problem.

Moving that call does not fix the problem for me.  Random characters are
shown instead of the /etc/nanorc name.  Problem has been rereported as

    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52871

Another problem is that nothing gets printed after window_init(), so the
rcfile_error() in color_to_short() is never seen.

Moving the above call fixes this problem.  Except that the error message
gets printed without any carriage returns.  :|

Benno