nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] problems when chunks are of variable length

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] problems when chunks are of variable length
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:28:47 -0500

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 5:06 AM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, when chunks are of variable length, and if placewewant is beyond
> the actual span of the current line, nano should assume that the
> virtual chunks that would be needed to make the current line reach
> beyond placewewant are each of size editwincols. In other words, in
> that case target_column is not placewewant - leftdege, but
> (placewewant - leftedge) % editwincols.

So even if the % editwincols formula doesn't quite add up to the right
column, it's okay because we can't do anything else, and the
target_column needs to be in screen range?

> If it's not clear what I mean, please give a specific example.

It's clear, and that's easy enough to add.  Thanks.  I'll send the
resynced version here once 2.8.0 is out, since that should be a
relatively stable target.