nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Kernel panic on Ubuntu 1610 with NFS - nano specific

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Kernel panic on Ubuntu 1610 with NFS - nano specific
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:36:52 +0200

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 16:30, Darren Austin wrote:
> It did not crash when the only mount option in use was 'vers=4'.
> So I began adding options back and found that it's the 'fsc'
> option which is required to cause the panic.

Okay.  You could try installing another recent distro on your
Mac, and see if it panics too in this situation.  Manjaro might
be nice, because it lets you choose different kernel versions.

> > Then see if this version (essentially 2.2.5) also triggers
> > the panic.  If it does, stop.  If it doesn't, continue bisecting.
>
> It did trigger it with the 'normal' mount options; it did not trigger
> it without 'fsc'.
>
> So, does that help narrow down the problem? :)

No.  But it reassures me that it isn't any of the changes and
additions that I made since 2.3.2 that triggers the problem.  :)

You will have to ask or google around to find out how to
debug or close in on the cause of a kernel panic.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are